Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Caught in the Moment

In my exuberance of being on my (any) bike again (it's been 1 month since "the endo"), I did something I have never done before...it's a windless night and except for the slight pain in my wrist that indicates to me that I probably did break something in it, I am flying on my road bike. I'm coming off the "city creek road" and turning onto the old highway, by the Jehovah's Witnesses Center. Ah...no traffic, I don't have to slow...Yippee...big wide sweeping turn and I'm cranking...18, 19, 21, 23, 26 mph and then the red car passes me on the RIGHT. I look down to my left and there it is...the solid YELLOW line. Gads...I am hugging the center lane...quick shoulder glance, hard drift right and I am on my way again, safely, solid WHITE line under my tires. Whew.

In the exuberance of being on my bike again.


Serengeti Flats descent, long before it was called Serengeti Flats.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lots of cyclists in England ride at night with no reflective gear or lights! In fact, many wear black coats! On wet and windy nights it's easy to almost miss them.

I bet that did feel good, back in the saddle!