Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Unexpected Things

I really struggle with the idea that God ever responds to my prayers. Too often he seemingly blatantly ignores my most burning of "Whys," "Why Nots," "What should I do," "Why didn't that work out?" or "What was I supposed to learn?" But sometimes the most unexpected of things happen...I mean really unexpected, and it makes me wonder if that wasn't, maybe, a part of one of one of the answers I was looking for. An unexpected thing happened to me yesterday and the day before...and they both truly made my day(s), made me smile, and made me think. Have you ever really thought about the unexpected things that have happened to you? No matter how small? Have you ever done something unexpected for someone else...you'd be surprised how little it takes to make someone's day, make them smile, and make them think...and remind them that life has some really special moments.

No comments: